How To Look Young Today: Benefits Of Aloe Vera
How To Look Young Today
Benefits of Aloe Vera
For centuries the aloe vera plant has been used in herbal medicine. The Ancient Egyptians used it to treat a range of ailments such as burns and diseases of the digestive tract.
This plant is a cactus look-a-like plant with grey green, thick, fleshy, succulent leaves that have serrated edges. There are over 300 species of the plant and the one that is renowned for its healing qualities is Aloe Barbadensis Miller belonging to the lily family.
The plant is an ancient species that is indigenous to North Africa. These days they are found throughout the world particularly in temperate zones.
Over 200 constituents are found in the aloe gel of the inner leaf. These include essential minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids and naturally occurring sugars known as polysaccharides.
Aloe vera juice is made from the gel which has to be carefully extracted from the plant to ensure its separation from the toxic outer aloe leaf.
Aloe vera has been described as the miracle plant because of its various beneficial and regenerative properties.
- It has antiseptic agents that can help fight infection and soothe symptoms.
- There are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral elements that help strengthen the immune system by removing toxins and pathogens. Naturally occurring sugars (saccharides) and biological sugars (polysaccharides) help defend the body against disease.
- Amino acids (polypeptides) help stimulate the immune system and strengthen the body’s natural resistance to disease.
- A regular dose of aloe juice not only boosts a person’s overall immune system it may assist in slowing down the ageing process.
- Aloe vera can help take some of the burden off the immune system, allowing it to be strengthened and be more effective at what it does.
- With regular consumption of aloe juice the body’s digestive system is cleansed. It helps heal the stomach lining and promotes the development of beneficial bacteria in the intestines.
- It goes to work inside the body, helping to kill off harmful bacteria while leaving alone friendly bacteria that aid digestion.
- This miracle plant may benefit common ailments like ulcers, acne, eczema, constipation, mild burns, mild digestive and gastric conditions and complaints of the immune system.
- It helps skin. A daily dose may just be what the skin is thirsting for.
- The anti-inflammatory qualities provide soothing relief for pain, help arthritis and aid joint and muscle mobility.
From this single source – the aloe vera plant – the body gets its supply of many of the essential nutrition it needs – vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
A regular, daily dose of aloe juice supplies nutrients that the body needs and which is often lacking. In doing so the juice helps the body function at its optimum level and is instrumental in how to look young today.
Not only does aloe benefit the body when taken internally aloe vera has positive benefits for the skin.
Aloe preserves and nourishes the cells of the skin making it baby-like. It penetrates and absorbs into the dermis and acts as a natural humectant resulting in beautiful skin.
Aloe protects providing full immune function to cells, and its anti-inflammatory qualities reduce blemishes on the skin. It assists with redness, and the aloe has soothing properties.
In recent years aloe vera has been a popular ingredient in cosmetic products because of its healing properties. Apart from its application to skin care aloe is well known for its healing benefits when applied to burns, abrasions, psoriasis and insect bites.